Saturday, November 6, 2010

Coleslaw

In my quest to eat more "raw" food, we've been eating more coleslaw. I started with this basic recipe:

Low-fat Tangy Creamy Coleslaw
1/4 c. light mayo.
1 Tb. white vinegar
1 Tb. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 med. head cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
Mix dressing ingr. together and then toss with cabbage & carrot

Then I found this recipe which I like even more.

Green Apple Slaw
1 c. mayo
1/4 c. cider vinegar
2 Tb. sugar (I use honey)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
dash of cayenne
6 c. coleslaw mix (I just shred my own cabbage and grated carrot)
2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchstick size (peeling opt.)
1 c. pecans, toasted
1 c. raisins
Mix dressing ingr. together first.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to start making your coleslaw. Ray loves coleslaw but I never think to make it. I will give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make coleslaw all the time myself. I'm not a big fan of recipes so this is how I do it: I cut the cabbage into a bowl then I mix in mayonnaise vinegar and salt and it's good.

    ReplyDelete