Saturday, November 6, 2010

Energy Balls

Ray and I have started working out every morning and we always need a little something to eat before the workouts. I found this recipe on Dr. Oz's website and was so excited. Now Ray and I both have one before our workouts. They are really good and they are about 100 calories per ball.


Ingredients
1/2 cup 100% natural peanut butter made with ONLY peanuts (I just use regualr pb)
1 tbsp honey or agave nectar (I normally add a little more)
11/2 cups oats
1/2 cup raisins or 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
I also add ground flasxseed, about 1/4 cup

Directions
Roll up into bite-sized balls and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating. Important to remember that you should be eating no more than 1 or 2 energy balls per day (and only before your workout.)

No comments:

Post a Comment