Monday, November 8, 2010

Eliza's incredible, never go flat chocolate chip cookies

These cookies are so simple but yet sooo wonderful... they NEVER go flat!  I was so sick of my cookies going flat and ugly on me and so I went on a quest to find the perfect cookie recipe...and I found it! I got the recipe out of the Betty Crocker Cook Book and then I tweaked it a bit and I think they are pretty darn good.  So I thought I'd share the recipe with the great Bradshaw family...
INGREDIENTS/DIRECTIONS
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
In a bowl combine and then set aside:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

In another mixing bowl cream together:
1/2 c. butter (softened... DON'T melt)
1/2 butter flavored shortening
1 Tbsp water
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
Then beat in...
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
Then add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until well blended... it might seem a little dry.
Then add a bag of whatever type of chocolate chips you like... I'm a milk chocolate kinda girl.
Bake for 8 or 9 minutes... until they look done to you.  And eat 'em up... people love these, they really do... and they look good too :)

7 comments:

  1. Are these the cookies you brought to the family reunion this summer? If so, they were absolutely DELICIOUS and I am going to have to make some this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would regular shortening work? I have never even heard of butter flavored shortening. As you can see, I am not much of a baker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Chocolate Chip Cookies,
    I love you! I do not love the inches you have added to my waist but I sure do love you! I have a feeling we will be seeing eachother way too often.

    Thanks Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA Ginger you crack me up... but tell me about it... do you know how many of those I've eaten in the last 7 years? More than any human should... oh well... whats life without chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. made this last night they were delicious! i even had one with breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making them tonight- thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete