Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatloaf

This meatloaf is Tyler's favorite thing I make.  My mom has made it for as long as I can remember and the Toronto kids (and now Tyler) have been requesting it for their birthday dinners for years. Its just so zingy and tasty.  Anyway... give it whirl, I know you'll love it too...
INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 oz) jar red currant jelly
1 (12 oz) jar chili sauce

1 lb ground beef
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg
1/2 cup ketchup

INSTRUCTIONS:
To prepare sauce, combine red currant jelly and chili sauce in a saucepan.  Heat until jelly is melted and well-blended.
For meatloaf, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, chopped onions, salt, pepper, egg and ketchup in a bowl and then mold into a 5 by 9in. loaf pan.  Pour half of the sauce over meatloaf and bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees.  Heat remaining sauce and serve with meatloaf (or I just put ketchup on top because I love ketchup).


Seriously... your men will love it :)

1 comment:

  1. I am not a big fan of meatloaf but I am going to try this since you say it is so good. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete